Friday, October 5, 2012

Old photographs displayed on branches

My grandfather who is really old - 98 years to be exact- recently gave me a photo book containing many old photographs taken throughout his life. Not only do I love old pictures and the almost magical feeling I get from them, but I also feel honored and proud to own a piece of his life and its story told by those photographs. I already framed some of the pictures and hung them on my bedroom wall, but there were so many beautiful images left. I discovered a corkscrew willow branch in our local flower shop the other day and brought it home with the intention to decotate it for the Fall season. As I was trying to figure out ewxactly hat I wanted to do with it at home, I had the ideaa of pinning old photographs to the branches. I still had these tiny clothes pins laying around that we used for crafts last year, and they were just perfect to hang the pictures on the branches. Here is the result:

4 comments:

  1. Can I totally copy you? I really do love this idea...I may try it with Christmas cards!
    Kim @ Too Much Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do Kim! What a great idea to hang Christmas cards! I have to keep that in mind for the upcoming season! Love your Blog!

      Delete
  2. Love this idea!New follower!Please fell free to stop by my blog and say hi !http://www.erika-shineon.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika! I followed you back - awesome Blog!

      Delete