Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pinspired: DIY chalkboard wall

My son Noah is a very, very creative little dude. He is fascinated with anything ocean and he has a passion for drawing and crafting. So I came up with the idea of creating a chalkboard wall in his room, inspired by some cool examples I found on Pinterest. I am blessed to have an incredibly talented and creative friend, Molly from Molly Branstetter Designs/ The poor Sohisticate, who  showed me how to make my own chalk paint. Tanks again Molly, you rock!
I painted some old empty frames I had laying around to make it even more fun.
Here is the result. We love it!!






Linking up to these awesome parties:

Power of paint party @ Domestically speaking

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here

Time to Shine Party @ A Diamond in the Stuff

Strut your stuff Saturdays @ six sisters' stuff

14 comments:

  1. Hi Iris! I love this wall! I have been wanting to do a chalkboard for a while! Maybe I will! This is super cute!

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my posts! I am following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great room! I'm usually not a fan of chalkboard paint but it looks great here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Iris! So glad he loves it!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So blessed to have you in my life!!

      Delete
  5. Hello again Iris! I don't know if you know this, but you are a no reply comment blogger, so I can't reply to your comments on my blog by email. If you'd like to change this, here's an easy tutorial:

    http://teatreevintage.blogspot.com/2012/09/are-you-noreply-comment-blogger.html

    Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I had no idea! Fixed it!

      Delete
  6. Hi Iris, I love the chalkboard paint wall - looks great! Following you back from SarahSaturDIY.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I love the chalkboard wall!!

    ReplyDelete