Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pinspired: DIY wooden plaques with paper scraps

I pinned this Idea a while ago when I was looking for some wall art to hang in our new bedroom (this was before we moved). I ordered the wooden plaques and some pretty designer paper from Hobby Lobby (yay for APO shipping!). Here is a before picture:
         
I decided to paint the plaques yellow since that would look awesome on the future grey wall. After they were done drying, I traced and cut out the paper and simply glued it on with Mod Podge. I love that stuff!




All done:



And here they are hung in our new bedroom. I love them!




        This post is linked up to these lovely parties: More the merrier Monday @ DIY home sweet home, Petals to Picots, Tuesday to do party@ The Blackberry Vine, crafty Tuesday @ Blueberry Craft and Hobby Time, create and share Wednesday @ Trendy Treehouse

8 comments:

  1. I love all the deacoupage projects! and this one is just perfect, they look great on the wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any project with paper is a good one in my book! I'm a little crazy about paper. :-)

    Thanks so much for stopping by Taking Timet To Create and leaving your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin! I love your cards!

      Delete
  3. I love what you've done with the plaques - and your bedroom looks awesome. I would love to try modge podge but worried that it will melt in our hot weather over here. Thank you for coming over to my blog :-) Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are soooo cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog:) Following back.

    Desiree

    ReplyDelete