Thursday, November 1, 2012

Black, white and wood. Living room reveal.

When we first moved in the house we are currently renting, I wished the Landlord had agreed on me painting all the dated wooden ceilings and trims white. Since he did not however, I decided to embrace the wood as much as possible and work with what I have :)

Here is what the living/dining room looked like before:


We painted the walls a very light shade of grey.
I decided to add black and white accents to compliment the wood.
I found an awesome b&w striped rug for only Euro 20 at a local store.

Gallery corner wall with mismatched frames:




Antique wooden secretary desk and photos:




DIY vintage suitcase side table:




Discounter steal:  Silhouette clock for Euro 5 (!).  Free printables I found here and here, simply hung on a twine string:



Rhino bookends: Urban Outfitters. Curtains: IKEA



Linking up to this awesome party!












7 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for visiting, your blog is super cute, and I love the livingroom! Following back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with your living room!!! I want it!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks! And I want yours :D !!

      Delete
  3. So many clever ideas in your living room! You have great style and a good eye for bargains. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Can't wait to share this on my blog! I am thinking Jan time frame!

    ReplyDelete