Friday, November 2, 2012

DIY Anthropologie inspired (Alice in Wonderland) ornaments


I love Anthropologie. But who shopped there before knows that their prices are everything but lovely ;)
Last year, they had these adorable book page covered ornaments:

 Super cute, isn't it? I decided this can't be hard to make myself and gathered my supplies:


Yes, that is pretty much all you need. A book (I chose my all time favorite story "Alice im Wunderland"), a paper cutter, an ornament and Mod Podge. I also found a little deer figurine that is not pictured here.
Cut the page into several thin strips and simply use the Mod Podge to glue them on your ornament. I coatet the whole thing with Mod Podge afterwards for extra shine.














Now off to raid my sons' toy box for a Rhino figurine ;)

Linking up to:

Strut your stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters' Stuff

 Do Something Crafty Friday @ See Vanessa Craft

Fabulous Friday @ Here Comes The Sun

2 comments: